Ross Griffith concentrates his practice on probate, guardianship, estate planning, business and increasingly in contested matters in these areas.
Probate & Guardianship. Mr. Griffith spends a good deal of time working with the estates resulting from death and incapacity. This includes heirship determinations, muniments of title, estate administrations including independent administrations and dependent administrations, temporary guardianships and permanent guardianships of the person and estate. As a result, Mr. Griffith represents independent and dependent executors, independent and dependent administrators, temporary administrators, temporary guardians, permanent guardians of the person and estate, trustees, and agents under powers of attorney.
Mr. Griffith’s previous litigation experience, along with his partners, has resulted in involvement in contested matters including Fiduciary Suits (involving trustees, executors, guardians and agents under powers of attorney), Will Contests, and Guardianship Contests, Contested Administrations, Contested Heirship Determination, Accountings and Removal Actions.
Mr. Griffith is frequently appointed by courts as a Guardian Ad Litem or Attorney Ad Litem in probate and guardianship matters. He has also been appointed to serve as a Temporary Guardian, Permanent Guardian of the Estate, Temporary Administrator, Dependent Administrator, Independent Executor, and Receiver.
Mr. Griffith was elected as President of the Tarrant County Probate Bar Association in 2001-2002 and Guardianship Services, Inc. in 2005-2006.
Estate Planning. Mr. Griffith’s extensive practical experience in the probate, guardianship, and business areas has led to a substantial estate planning practice. He has worked with multiple individuals and families to develop a plan that is best suited for their situation. Whether you need a will, trust, power of attorney, medical directive, etc., Mr. Griffith will work with you to determine a plan that will best fit your needs.
Business. Throughout his practice Mr. Griffith has represented business owners with creating, maintaining, buying, and selling companies. Mr. Griffith also has significant experience in dealing with nonprofit organizations, corporations, limited liability companies, general partnerships, limited liability partnerships, and limited partnerships (including family limited partnerships).
Background. Ross Griffith was raised and attended school in Fort Worth through high school and returned there after earning a Bachelors degree from Texas A & M University in 1985 and a law degree from Texas Tech University School of Law in 1988. He practices law in Tarrant and surrounding counties.
Past Employment Positions
- Murphy, Moore & Griffith, P.C. (and predecessors), Attorney, 1988 - 2006
Pro Bono Activities
- St. Francis Village, Inc.- Board of Directors, 1992 - Present
- Guardianship Services, Inc.- Board of Directors, 2001 - 2007
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certification for Attorney Ad Litem, State Bar of Texas, 1995
- Texas, 1988
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 1989
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2013
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2020
- Texas Tech University School of Law, Lubbock, Texas
- J.D. - 1988
- Texas A & M University, College Station, Texas
- B.S. - 1985
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tarrant County Bar Association, Member (1988 - Present)
- Tarrant County Probate Bar Association, Member (1997- Present), Board of Directors (1997-2003)
- Tarrant County Probate Bar Association, President (2001 - 2002)
- Tarrant County Probate Bar Association, President-Elect & Secretary/Treasurer (1999 - 2000)
- Guardianship Services, Inc., Board of Directors (2001 - 2007)
- Guardianship Services, Inc., Member of Program Committee (1998 - 2007)
- St. Francis Village, Inc., Board of Directors (1992 - Present)
- Nolan Catholic High School, Board of Directors (1997 - 2004)
- Nolan Catholic High School, Secretary (1999 - 2001)
- Nolan Catholic High School, Vice-President (2001 - 2002)
- Nolan Catholic High School Council (2016 - Present)
- Nolan Catholic High School, Chair (2022)
- Serra Club of Fort Worth, Member (1994 - Present)
- St. Andrew's Catholic Church, Fort Worth, Member (1967 - Present)
Honors and Awards
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell, a LexisNexis company (2000 - Current)
- Designated as a Top Attorney in the Probate, Estates & Trust category in Tarrant County by Fort Worth Magazine, a publication of Fort Worth, Texas the City’s Magazine, 2008-2014 and 2016-2023
- Designated as a Top Attorney in 360 West Magazine, a publication of Fort Worth, Texas (2018-2019)